Republican State Enterprise (RSE) on the right of economic management “Research Center “Gharysh-Ecology” (“RC “Gharysh-Ecology”) of the National Space Agency of the Republic of Kazakhstan (NSA RK) created in 2001. Until 2012, the enterprise called Subsidiary State Enterprise (SSE) “Infracos-Ecos” RSE “Infracos” of the National Space Agency of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
In accordance with the Decree of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan № 1112 from 29.09.2011, “On the reorganization of a subsidiary of state enterprise “Infracos-Ecos” Republican State Enterprise “Infracos” of the National Space Agency of the Republic of Kazakhstan and on insertion changes and additions to some decisions of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan” RSE “Infracos-Ecos” of the National Space Agency on 14.02.2012 reorganized into the Republican state enterprise on the right of economic management “Research center “Gharysh-Ecology” of the National space agency of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
The enterprise is engaged in the implementation of applied research in the field of environmental safety of rocket and space activities on the Territory the Republic of Kazakhstan.
The main field of activity is the enterprise is organization and performance of works on the assessment, prediction and developing recommendations on reducing the negative impact of the rocket and space activities on the environment and public health of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
The main directions of the enterprise activity:
1) development of programs of projects, organization and performance of research, project and other works in the field of environmental safety;
2) performance of work on environmental maintenance of space missioned rocket launches from the cosmodrome “Baikonur”;
3) complex environmental assessment and monitoring of the environment of the territories exposed to rocket and space activity at normal and emergency situations;
4) providing dynamic monitoring of habitat and public health on the territories exposed to rocket and space activity at normal and emergency situations;
5) participation in work on rectification of the environmental consequences at the operation of rocket and space technology;
6) forecasting the environmental situation and the state of population health at regions exposed to the influence of rocket and space activity;
7) development and performance of measures to prevent and reduce the negative impact of rocket and space activities on the environment and public health and participation in their implementation;
8) development of draft regulatory technical and regulatory guidance documents in the field of environmental safety of rocket and space activities;
9) development projects on environmental impact assessment (EIA) of planned economic and other activities a developing preplanned, planned, preproject and project documentation;
10) chemical-analytical, instrumental and sanitary-hygienic study of objects of the environment;
11) activity related to the turnover of precursors;
12) publication of scientific papers, organization and participation in exhibitions, conferences and seminars, including the media, on the environmental safety of rocket and space activities and the protection of public health.
The enterprise is certified as a scientific organization and production activities performs in accordance with available state licenses:
– to engage in use of outer space, including the creation, production, operation, repair and modernization of rocket and space equipment, the use of ground infrastructure for ensuring its operation (landfill, command-measuring complex, bench base and others.);
– to engage in medical activities;
– to activities in the field of environmental protection, environmental design, standardization for the 1st category of economic and other activities; Works in the field of environmental expertise for the 1st category of economic and other activities;
– to activities on production of geodetic and cartographic works;
– to engage in activities related to purchase, storage, transport and use of precursors.
The enterprise is an active participant in the development and implementation of the state program “Development of space activities in the Republic of Kazakhstan.”
For the successful implementation of their projects and programs, the enterprise also works with academic institutions and relevant organizations of Kazakhstan and Russia in terms of complex research impacts of rocket-carriers launches from the cosmodrome “Baikonur” on the environment, in-depth socio-hygienic survey of objects of the environment and public health state on territories adjacent to objects of the cosmodrome, environmental support of preparation processes and space mission rocket launches from the cosmodrome “Baikonur”.
The enterprise is composed of the departments of environmental and health programs, geographic information systems, accredited analytical laboratory in Almaty, specialty chemical and environmental laboratories in the cities of Zhezkazgan and Baikonur.
In order to provide an analytical and rapid response to normal and emergency situations at implementation of rocket and space activity (RCA), in Baikonur and Zhezkazgan created and accredited chemical and environmental laboratories, mobile specialized laboratory (on the basis of KAMAZ vehicles in Zhezkazgan), produced retrofitting analytical laboratory in Almaty.
The enterprise has formed an extensive electronic and mapping database of environmental monitoring system of the cosmodrome “Baikonur”, a normative legal acts database and normative and methodological documents; sanitary-epidemiological status of the population living in areas exposed to rocket and space activities.