The enterprise has branches in the cities of Astana, Zhezkazgan and Baikonur. In Zhezkazgan and operated Baikonur certified chemical and environmental laboratories.
The department of environmental programs
The department is the basic structural unit of the enterprise.
In the field of space activities carries out works on the development and implementation of environmental programs and projects, environment management and provide environmental safety:
– study on the environmental risk question of space activities and the assessment of sustainability of natural ecosystems to its impact;
– the study and assessment of the impact of normal and emergency launches rocket-carriers from the cosmodrome “Baikonur” on the environment of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
– environmental impact assessment of planned economic activity;
– environmental monitoring of areas of Kazakhstan territories, exposed to rocket and space activity and environmental support of preparation processes and space mission rocket launches from the cosmodrome “Baikonur”, in positional area of the cosmodrome “Baikonur” and fall areas of separating parts from rocket-carriers.
The departament consists of two sectors:
– Environmental projects;
– Environmental regulation.
The Department of Medical Programs
Medical Programs Department deals with the development and implementation of programs and projects on sanitary-hygienic characteristics of the habitat and assessing the population health in zones of influence of rocket and space activity:
– assessment of pollution with propellant components and their derivatives of objects of the environment in settlements;
– a complex study and monitoring of population health sate of areas adjacent to objects of “Baikonur” complex, as well as on the route of flight and in the accident areas of rocket-carriers;
– analysis and forecast of public health state in areas exposed to rocket and space activities;
– development of projects of regulatory-methodical documents and a measures complex on reducing the negative impact of space activities on the environment;
– development of complex of organizational and preventive, sanitary-epidemiological measures on prevention and reducing the negative impact of environmental factors on human health.
Department of Geographic Information Systems
Department of Geographic Information Systems provides:
– collection, processing and analysis of data;
– development and implementation of geographic information systems;
– formation of a database of environmental monitoring cosmodrome “Baikonur”, fall areas of separating parts from rocket-carriers and rocket-carriers flight routes; regulatory legal acts and regulatory-methodical documents; sanitary-epidemiological status of the population living in areas exposed to rocket and space activities;
– presentation of results of data processing;
– creation of digital thematic maps.
Analytical laboratory “Infracos-Ekos-Analytics”
Analytical laboratory “Infracos-Ekos-Analytics” founded in 2002, for monitoring objects of the environment on territories exposed to adverse factors cosmodrome “Baikonur” activities. The laboratory is accredited in accordance with СТ РК ИСО/МЭК 17025-2007.
The laboratory carries out analysis on objects of the environmental on propellant components and products of their decomposition and chemical transformation on territories exposed to rocket and space activities of “Baikonur” complex.
The laboratory is equipped with modern analytical equipment and instruments, measuring instruments, selection tools, transportation and storage of samples of environmental objects.
To increase the skills and professionalism of the laboratory staff each year are sent to training refresher courses and technical regulation, metrology and management systems.
Constantly works on ensuring a high quality testing objects of the environment, improving the technical level of the laboratory, the introduction of new control methods, expansion of the range of used equipment and measuring instruments.